Sponsor A Child with Music For Life
There are two types of sponsorship through Music for Life:
The Child Sponsorship program provides a long-term opportunity to make a difference in the life of an African child who otherwise might not have the chance to receive a quality education.
These children live with their families or caregivers and attend the community schools supported by Music for Life. Their care includes tuition and school fees, supplies, uniforms, and a daily meal. Sponsorship continues until they have completed high school.
The cost to support a child in a community school is $35 per month.
Why Our Students Excel:
Sponsor A Child Today!
Still Have Questions?
A regular commitment of $35 a month, or $420 a year for a child in a community school, or a minimum commitment of $50 a month, $600 a year, for a Choir child, lasting for the duration of the child’s education.
Your financial support will provide for your child’s daily needs and help them to achieve a better life in their future; it pays for their school fees, supplies, uniforms, and a daily meal.
Your child will be uplifted by your encouragement, love and prayers.
For Choir children, not only does sponsorship include complete health, nutrition, housing, and educational support, it also provides the opportunity for extra seminars, discipleship, mentorship, and leadership training, with support continuing through college or university. The depth and level of personal care for our Choir children is truly incomparable!
Music for Life’s commitment to sponsored children is based on education, not age.
Community school sponsorship provides support for children to completion of secondary school.
Choir children are supported to completion of their first post-secondary degree or diploma.
We hope that you will join with us in seeing your child through to his or her graduation!
You can expect a letter from your child about two to four times a year. They begin to learn English at a young age in school. It is often the case that the younger ones are assisted by their teachers when writing their letters, as it is with any young child. However, please be assured that the letters you receive are written by your sponsored child. We hope you will enjoy witnessing your child’s growth in their ability to write in English as reflected in their letters over the years!
We encourage you to write to your sponsored child. More information about how to write to your child will be sent to you once you become a sponsor.
Your letters are treasured by the children. It is very special to them that someone they have never met loves them enough to provide a future for them. The children love to hear about your family and friends, your daily activities, the foods you eat, the types of animals in your area, and the seasons in your part of the world. All letters are directed through our office. We do our best to ensure the privacy and safety of both our children and sponsors.
Absolutely! This is always a life–changing event for both children and their sponsors. If you are planning a trip to the area your child lives in, simply contact our office and we will make necessary arrangements for you to meet your child.
Children are referred to Music for Life through schools, neighbors, churches, and non-governmental agencies.
In countries where applicable, donations are tax deductible as allowable by law. Sponsors are issued a tax receipt near the beginning of each calendar year, consolidating all donations received in the previous year.
If donations are not received regularly from our sponsors, funds must be pulled from other programs, as it is not an option for a child’s monthly fees to go unpaid. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please let us know! It is not our desire to discontinue your sponsorship without your consent.
We take financial stewardship seriously. Approximately 85.4% of funds are used for our programs in Africa, while the remaining 14.6% contributes to program costs such as: coordinating sponsorship letters, courier fees, child updates for sponsors, fundraising, and other administrative expenses. After the fulfillment of all programs, excess funds may be redirected to where needed most. A fully audited financial report is available upon request.